Why use Oracle Database Security Fine Grained Auditing feature?
In addition to the Oracle Standard auditing, Oracle Database Security also provides Fine Grain Auditing to audit use of the objects at a more granular level. Some of the benefits when using this method are below.
- It is able to record access of specific columns, for a specific user.
- It can audit for exact statement, collect the complete SQL text and bind values.
- Because of being able audit at a granular level, auditing specific columns, in most cases it will thus store less rows and result in lesser resource usage on the database server.
- Unlike the standard auditing, no parameter setting or a database restart is required.
- It can easily be turned on-off with a database restart.